Saturday 22 September 2012

Scampi Moo

After thinking about it for aaaaages, I've finally got on with designing a little 2D otter character - Scampi Moo.

This is a concerted effort to move forward into products that don't take so much time to make as her image can be printed onto other things (I am currently sporting a fetching Scampi Moo Tank t-shirt).

So far, I've been making purses (more about this in a future post!), tote bags and badges, mostly experimenting with iron-on photo paper, but hoping to expand into proper printing.

Anyway, cut the crap, let me introduce you to Scampi!  Here she is.


I see her as having a particular personality (very cute but a little bit naughty - like all the best things are) and being slightly eccentric.  She enjoys tanks for example.


She is based on Scampi, a particularly loved soft otter who has been bestowed with some strange personality traits  (I know I'm definitely old enough to know better, but I don't have kids or pets, so that's my excuse!).


'Moo' is a derivative of 'mou', a Greek term meaning 'mine' that is sometimes put after someone's name.  Not that I speak Greek or anything - I think I read it in a book set in Corfu.

Anyway, here are some of the things I've been Moo-ising so far.  I would love to know what you think about them!

Coin purse - front

Coin purse- back

Totes

Badges

If you want to keep up with all Scampi Moo related stuff, she has her very own Facebook page so why not pop across and get properly introduced - she'd love to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment