Thursday 18 April 2013

The Garden Show at Firle - Part One

Whoah!  Just back from Firle, where I've been setting up for the Garden Show this weekend.

Firle is a beautiful Sussex village nestled in the South Downs and is as picturesque as you like.  It boasts a lovely pub, The Ram (I can recommend), pretty houses, and it sits at the bottom of Firle Beacon.  I think this part of the South Downs between Lewes and Polegate is just stunning.  I used to commute this way by train every week when I was teaching in Eastbourne and was constantly bewitched by the lovely soft undulations of the Downs and the way they change in different lights and seasons.

Today is sunny (though there is still a chilly wind) and Firle looked beautiful.  I hope it stays this way for the next three days!



This is my first time at the Garden Show and I have no idea what to expect.  After setting up in the Old Riding School I took a wander round the grounds - the event looks MASSIVE!





Such a shame that I will be behind my stall the whole time and won't get a chance to see everything.  I'm particularly intrigued by the fact that there will be birds of prey there, not to mention all the other stalls - of which there are masses.
 

The Garden Show at Firle
Friday 19th - Sunday 21st April
10am-5pm
More details here

No comments:

Post a Comment