Saturday 30 July 2011

Fun with Bunting


Some time spent with the family finally gave me the opportunity to make the Shark Alley bunting for my stall.  What a palaver - I started it on Sunday evening and finished it on Wednesday morning!  I probably made it more time consuming than it needed to be, but I was making it up as I went along and I wanted it to be super-perfect.  So there was cutting of templates, then selecting, reselecting, arranging and rearranging fabrics, buying more fabric, trying to work my Mum's sewing machine, cutting out letters and hand sewing them on, realising one long strand wasn't going to work and trying to find more tape for the 'string', then dealing with floppy triangles . . . . it was never-ending!  The latter problem was solved by spray-on starch - appearing in the form of this can from the 1970s! Amazing!  The contents are probably completely toxic by now, but still working nevertheless.

This was followed by visit to Wisley RHS Gardens - a beautiful and inspirational riot of colour and pattern that should hopefully go some way to inspiring some long overdue textile designs.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment