Sunday 24 March 2013

Photo Shoot

I got some good advice recently and decided to act on it. Almost immediately, in fact. 

Lisa Lam of U-Handbag suggested that images of my jewellery being worn would be an asset to the Shark Alley website.  I used to have shots like this, but shamefully none of the recent products.  This is mostly because I'm doing everything on a budget and am low on time, but I do think it's really important for the customer to see how the pieces look when they're being worn.

I have a lovely friend Liz Pichon (who is currently Number 1 on the Bookseller list in the UK with her Tom Gates book - can you believe it?!) and she has an equally lovely daughter, Ella.  Ella has been modelling since she was a child and is really stunning (check her out in this Skoda ad!) so we arranged a photo shoot at the house Liz shares with her husband, music guru Mark Flannery and their three children Zak, Ella and Lily.

I arrived to find the house set up perfectly.



And Ella fully prepped by Liz . . .


What great friends!

The session took about two hours and went really well.  Ella is so photogenic and looks a bit like Keira Knightley in profile, I think!


Here's my selection of jewellery all laid out and ready to shoot.


These are some of my favourite shots.


And these are my very favourite favourites.  I'm so chuffed with how lovely the fox brooch looks on the knitted hat.  I'm definitely a fan of brooches on hats.




Some pics are already up on the website and I'll be putting the rest up, along with some new jewellery, as soon as I can.

http://www.sharkalley.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment