Saturday 9 March 2013

Tamar Otters

This is the third year that I have been making and selling hand-stitched otters and donating a percentage of their sales to an ottery organisation or charity.

This year the money is going to the Tamar Otter and Wildlife Centre near Launceston in Cornwall.


We spent a great day there in 2011 (despite the rain) and I was particularly struck by the fact that it costs over £5,000 to care for and/or rehabilitate EACH otter, excluding vet's bills.  This is an incredible amount - I had no idea - so they were high on my list of recipients.

The centre really is a lovely place and I wish it was a bit nearer so I could spend more time there.


Amusingly, three of the otters share my birthday (though I was born some time before 2005).





North Petherwin, Nr. Launceston, Cornwall PL15 8GW
tel: 01566 785646

No comments:

Post a Comment