Saturday 7 June 2014

Brighton Etsy Craft Party 2014


The Brighton Etsy Craft Party looked like it might be fun.  Why not spend an evening with local crafters, eating cake, drinking wine and doing crafty activities?  My U-Handbag colleague Skye Pennant (of Even Artichokes Have Hearts and brand new crafting blog Eight & Sixteen) said she'd be happy to come along and had in fact been looking for someone to go with herself!



We just about managed to grab most of the things we needed to bring; some photos (including a photo of ourselves as a kid), cake and wine, and we turned up nice and early.  However, not only had I forgotten to bring scissors, I'd also forgotten my house keys, which led to several horrible minutes of high anxiety while my brain tried to stop hyper-ventilating and think through a solution (fortunately it did all end well and I slept in my own bed that night without the aid of a locksmith or a kicking in of the front door.  Huzzah).



The Brighton Etsy Team had done a fab job in both organising and decorating the venue.  There were goody bags, balloons, pompoms, watermelon bunting, delicious banana and honey frozen yogurt and masses of cake, the Big Booth Boutique photo booth (with accessories), a 'Guess The Crafty Kid' wall for your baby pics and all sorts of fun to be had making your own piece of bunting.


There were loads of crafty supplies laid out in tables and no time was wasted decorating the triangle of felt and trying to incorporate the following ten elements to win points and PRIZES.

  • A photograph
  • Ribbon
  • Pompoms
  • Embroidery
  • Animal
  • Flowers
  • Buttons
  • Your name
  • Brighton Etsy Craft Team sticker
  • Five different colours

I think I took this way too seriously and made it far too labour-intensive - I even forgot to drink my wine and missed out on a doughnut!  There was a lot of embroidery in mine. The finished bunting pieces were strung on ribbons around the room and looked amazing - fantastically fun and creative.  The ones who had managed to include everything got popped into a hat and the three winners were picked out at random.  Sadly neither of us won, though Skye did win the 'Cutest' kid category and got her hands on a nice-looking Etsy t-shirt, some Lush products and an original product from one of the organisers. It was such a good laugh and I had a great time.  I will definitely go again next year and really recommend it!







No comments:

Post a Comment